Sunday, March 8, 2009

Run For the Cookies!!!


Camree and I decided to enter into the race "Run For the Cookies" For all of you wondering, no I am not a runner. Just to let you know how much I am not runner and that I didn't listen in school, I had to call a friend to find out which was shorter the mile run or the 5K. After consulting with her I definately decided to run the mile and really glad we did. I had pumped Camree up all week about this race, only with words of course, no running. So that morning we get there, very early to register. Everyone else was ready to run in there tight pants and shirts. When we registered the lady told us to hook our number to our running gear. We laughed as we pinned it to our parkas. (It was bitter cold, well for Florida standards) So we get ready for the race right at the front, I think this was the only time we were at the front of the pack. The horn goes, and we take off running. We sprint for a few yards and the excitement has wore off for Camree, I don't think we were even a quarter of the way there, and she is screaming "take me back, I hate running." I kept pushing her telling her the only way to get back is to finish. We we did finish, and much quicker than I thought. We had 30 minutes to complete the race, and I was scared we wouldn't be able to finish in time. We kept going and by the end I was ready to start screaming too, but we did finish and made it in 13 minutes and 30 seconds. Not too bad considering she was running and screaming the whole time, and I hadn't ran since high school. It was a really good experience and made "us", or maybe just me, feel good because it was for a good cause. She was just happy at all the stuff they gave her when she finished. The next day when I had horrible shin splints, I felt bad for making fun of the 10 year olds stretching out before the race! Here we come next year, well maybe.

1 comment:

The Giles said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is soooo funny! I can picture it now! What a fun thing to do with Camree! I miss you guys so much! I can't wait for you to come see me ASAP! Does michelle have a blog? If not she needs to get one.